Helper King Ads Overview
- Security specialists have dubbed this a virus of the adware type. You can find the source for this information in this Helper King Ads removal guide
- It hides behind a convincing imitation of advertisements, and you should remove it immediately. As far as we could determine the ads are not genuine and serve only as a tool to take away your money and make your browsing experience truly uncomfortable.
- Any and all browser-displayed messages about missing plugins and updates of Java or Flashplayer are fake – they are tricks designed to lure you into downloading more malware.
- The number one reason most PCs are infected, is a marketing process called bundling. Helper King Ads typically comes with other programs, especially free ones, and is installed through their setup.
How to Remove Helper King Ads
(Works for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1)
Hold and R together. Write appwiz.cpl in the new field, then click OK.
This, right here, is the Control Panel.
Search around for Helper King Ads and anything else suspicious-looking. Be careful, but not too much – malware sometimes choose different names to confuse you, so take note of anything recently added that seems like a virus to you. Highlight and Uninstall these.
Helper King Ads has infected ALL of your browsers. Apply the steps separately for each of them.
For Internet Explorer Users:
Open IE, then click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find Helper King Ads . Disable it.
If your Home Page is different from the usual, click —–> Internet Options>edit the URL box, type whatever you want, then click Apply.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
Open Firefox, click on (top right) ——-> Add-ons.
Hit Extensions next.
The virus should be somewhere around here – Remove it.
For Google Chrome Users:
Start Chrome, click —–>More Tools —–> Extensions.
In Extensions, click Helper King Ads and select .
The click for the second time, and proceed to Settings —> Search (the fourth tab), select Manage Search Engines. In there, you should remove anything but the search engines you normally use(probably Google).
For Safari Users:
Open Safari, and click Safari —–>Preferences —–> Extensions
Find Helper King Ads then Uninstall.
STEP 3 (Optional)
This step to remove the virus is completely optional. You need to do this only in the case when the steps up until now were not enough to make your troubles go away. If they WERE enough:
- You are now clear of the virus. Please consider following us on our channels on Google+, Twitter and Facebook. It will be immensely appreciated, because it will help us grow and in turn – that way we will help more people.
- You may also want to check out Step 4 – we’ve prepared a short guide for optimizing PCs after a malware has been removed
- If you were not successful, then continue reading.
STEP 4 (Optional)
If you’ve reached this step, then well done for removing Helper King Ads. We’ve prepared a short and sweet optimization guide, specifically designed for users who just removed a virus. It is completely free, you do not need to download anything, and it’s not very time consuming. If you are interested you can check it out here.